Adventures of Trip and Gary:
The Thankful Wolves
Episode 4 – A Turkey for Thanksgiving
(First time here? Scroll down for previous episodes! )
It’s Thanksgiving in the forest. Join as we check in with Trip and Gary Wolf to find out if Gary found a turkey in time for Thanksgiving dinner. Also, Pastor Joel interviews a surprise guest! We are learning that God loves us and wants to talk with us through prayer. In fact, He wants us to pray to Him all the time!
To Talk About:
1. What was the surprise ending?
2. Have you ever forgotten to do something that you promised to do?
3. Tell about a time that you prayed for God to help you?
4. How do you feel when God doesn’t answer your prayers the way that you want?
5. What special lesson did Tom Turkey learn when God didn’t answer his prayer the way he wanted him to? Did God do something better that what Tom was praying for? Has that ever happen to you? Talk about it with your family.
Episode 3: Being Thankful
(If this is your first time visiting this page, be sure to scroll down to view Episodes 1 and 2! )
Families! Read these verses together, and then watch The Thankful Wolves – Episode 3 video below.
I Thessalonians 5:18 (NIV) Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:8 (NIV) Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
Psalm 136:1 (NIV) Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever.
Matthew 19:26 (NIV) Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
To Talk About:
1. If you had one, what would be on your thankful list?
2. Thanksgiving is a day when we give thanks to God for all he has done for us. Have you thanked God for anything recently?
3. Talk as a family about the things you are thankful for.
Use this I AM GRATEFUL printable to help you get started.
4. Pray together, telling God how thankful you are for the many blessings He has given your family.
Make a 3 D Thankful Pumpkin Craft
You will need:
-2 pieces of paper (0range and green construction paper, or plain white paper you have colored)
-2 Metal brads
For Bible stories and music videos check out MINNO CHURCH AT HOME. This week’s lesson is GRACE.
Episode 2 – We Need a Turkey!
(Miss Episode 1? Scroll down and click on “Pies for Thanksgiving” to watch it first)
As Trip and Gary begin planning their “super colossal, never-to-be-missed Thanksgiving Feast” they realize that they need a turkey! Will Gary find one before Thanksgiving?
Memory verse: I Peter 4:9 (NIV)
“Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.”
To Talk About:
1. What’s your favorite food at your family’s Thanksgiving?
2. Besides your immediate family, who do you usually see at your family’s Thanksgiving dinner?
3. If you can’t see some of your friends and family this year, what other ways can you show them you are thankful for them?
4. What Bible Verses have you memorized? Have a contest and see who can memorize the verse above, 1 Peter 4:9.
Print the page and cut out the pieces. Assemble and glue the pieces together like the photo above to make a turkey placeholder and treat holder for your guests at Thanksgiving!